Carpet | Maintenance
New carpeting can be elaborate and elegant, cool and contemporary or tasteful and traditional. It's one of America's most popular floor covering choices, enhances virtually any room and it can add value to your residence. Keeping that feeling, and your carpet in beautiful condition, is a challenge if you don't know the proper steps of maintenance.
We want you to know that with the care guidelines below, your new carpet can stay attractive for many years, and many bare-foot crossings to come.
- place walk-off mats wherever there are entrances to your home
- buy a quality vacuum and use it regularly
- use a machine with a good beater bar and maximum suction
- if your vacuum uses bags, be sure to change them frequently
- carpet cushion plays an important role in preserving the look and feel of your carpet
- don't vacuum over loose yarn or try to pull out the snag
- rearrange your furniture periodically
- treat stains as soon as possible
- cleaning by a reputable, professional cleaner is suggested approximately once a year to protect your investment
- read the care and maintenance literature provided by the manufacturer because different fibers, styles and finishes can each have their own unique guidelines